Whole Foods Market in Dublin is having a HUGE sale on Parmesan cheese this Friday, April 20. Parmesan only gets better as it ages, so it’s a good time to stock up. It will be $11.99 per pound this Friday ONLY (normally $19.99/lb).
Come say “hi” if you are in Whole Foods this Friday from 5-7pm. I’ll be there to chat about the wonders of Parmesan.
What is Parmesan cheese (also known as Parmigiano-Reggiano)?
Parmesan cheese is a hard raw cow’s milk cheese that has been aged at least one year and originates from Northern Italy.
What makes Parmigiano-Reggiano distinct?
• Strictly bound place of origin: Authentic Parmesan only comes from Parma, Reggio Emilia, Modena or Bologna, Italy
• Top care and quality of the breeding farms and craftsmen
• All natural ingredients: Raw milk, rennet (enzymes), salt
• Highly concentrated ingredient quality: 70% nutrients and 30% water
• Cooked, not processed
• Traditional process of making this cheese dating back to Middle Ages
• Strictly regulated by the Italian Parmigiano-Reggiano Consortium
• High in protein, calcium, phosphorus
• Prized for medicinal benefits such as soothing colic, digestion, osteoporosis
Take my Whole Foods Parmigiano-Reggiano Class
I’m so excited to be teaching my first Whole Foods class this May! Come join me to learn about the history, complexity and many ways to use Parmigiano-Reggiano. See photos, stories and scoop from our experience in Italy and taste the difference between the real deal and knock-offs, sample cheese, and take recipes home with you. The final date of the class is TBD. Feel free to let me know if you are interested as there are only 16 spots.
Want more Parmesan scoop?
See our “How to Make Parmigiano-Reggiano” post here.