SOURCE: Guido Gualandi - Wine & Olive Oil Producer, Tuscany, Italy
YIELD: Up to you
COOK TIME/PREP TIME: 10 Minutes
60% Tuscan pork sausage
40% Fresh mozzarella, shredded
Parsley to taste
1. Cut bread into desired sized pieces (I prefer 5"x3" and about 1/2" thick)
2. Remove the sausage from the casing and add to a bowl
3. Add mozzarella and parsley to the bowl and mix well
4. Spread a layer of the mixture on the pieces of bread (about 1/2" thick)
5. Grill in the oven until bubbling and delicious
Get this - Guido's homemade buffalo mozzarella is hand delivered weekly by his neighbor! It's the BEST I've ever tasted.
Guido gave me this recipe verbally and it includes my interpretations. It is one of his BEST antipasti recipes. Guido is a great cook and makes everything by sight (no formal recipes). By the way, crostoni is a bigger and more tender piece of bread than crostini.