SOURCE: Tricia Wheeler - Publisher & Editor, Edible Columbus
YIELD: 4-6 people
2 Large zucchini
4 Small to medium squash
8 Ounces mushrooms
3-4 Tablespoons butter
4-5 Cloves of garlic minced
1 Small to medium block of gruyere cheese grated
½ Cup breadcrumbs
Salt & freshly ground pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
2. Cut zucchini in three long chunks, cut squash in half – chop any extra scraps into small dice to sauté. Brush squash and zucchini vessels with olive oil and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
3. Chop mushrooms into fine dice, or put them in a food processor until minced.
4. Melt butter and briefly sauté garlic & shallots. Add mushrooms, zucchini and squash – sauté until soft. Season with Salt & pepper. Mix in breadcrumbs & cheese.
5. Fill squash & zucchini with stuffing
6. Bake vegetables 20-30 minutes uncovered until soft.
See Tricia's CLASSIC AIOLI recipe for sauce